Consumer Internet Marketing
Written by Carmen
Internet marketing of products, services, and information is on the rise and it is not expected to slow down anytime soon. E-commerce is the electronic commerce from a business to a consumer. This is referred to as B2C (business-to-consumer). With skilled Internet marketing, income and profits can quickly grow with Internet sales.
What are consumers consuming and why are they doing it on the Internet? Consumers are ordering everything from food to electronics to medication. The Internet provides a larger selection than can be found in stores. As the B2C industry becomes more competitive due to both the economy and the number of businesses moving to online marketing, prices are more competitive online than in stores.
Some of the factors that contribute to the B2C (business-to-consumer) industry being the avenue of choice for consumers:
- Large selection-it is easier to store a larger selection of items in a warehouse than on a store self. In a warehouse, items that are shown on a website are categorized, stored, and prepared for shipment. Consumers can find exactly what they want online.
- Fewer employees needed-with the website selling the items, there are less employees needed per sale, compared to a fully staffed retail store.
- Inventory storage-a warehouse can store more inventory with minimal staff required and lower maintenance costs. Securing products is also easier in a warehouse. This savings is passed on to consumers with special online pricing.
- 24/7/365 access-websites are open at all times and able to take orders anytime. This makes it more convenient for consumers to shop anytime from anywhere there is Internet access.
- Increased shipping options-there is often free shipment to the brick and mortar store that the website originated from. It addition, there is the convenience of having the items delivered directly to the consumer’s home and it can be shipped overnight for those who want to pay the additional shipping costs.
- Ease of Internet access-with connections becoming more secure and payment options (like Paypal) safer, consumers can purchase items while sitting in coffee shops or laying in the grass at a park, by using their phone or compact laptop.
Companies that have been operating from only their retail store locations understand that the consumers will still go to retails stores, but businesses are growing faster and more economically online. What they may not understand is how to make the changes needed. There are companies that can help with warehousing, inventory control, and shipping for a business that will be making the change to accommodate B2C.
The other assistance that a business will need to be successful at B2C is to have a skilled Internet marketing company that has experience with the business to consumer industry. Some of the areas that an experienced Internet marketing company will have is in the following areas:
- Website design
- Shopping carts
- Email marketing
- Affiliate programs
- Search engine marketing
- Search engine optimization
- Lead management
When the above is done professionally and skillfully the results will be an increase in profits by producing more leads, increase in visitors to the website, and higher sales. A business to consumer Internet marketing team can help a business or organization make the transition and update to implement the newest and most efficient Internet marketing campaigns.
With the help of a B2C knowledgeable Internet marketing company, B2C companies of any size are able to connect with customers, communicate with customers, and conduct transactions smoothly and securely.
Karma Snack is an Internet marketing company that can assist with B2C companies with all the services needed to market their Internet business so that it is consumer friendly. Look over some of Karma Snack’s case studies and contact them today to see what they can do to help you increase your business’ Internet revenue.